Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Chew

Apple bite

I would like to use this blog post to write a review for a show called "The Chew".  The Chew airs on ABC and explores life through food, fitness and friendships.  I thought I would review one of their episodes for you guys, especially for those of you that have never seen it before.  The episode that I chose to review was entitled Delicious Foods You've Never Tasted Before.

Review:

In this episode they show their audience unique recipes that most people have never tried before.  I like how they start off the show by casually talking about the craziest foods that they have tried.  One of the girls even told the story of when she tried sea urchin, gross!  One of the first things they try are waffle cones that are filled with ice cream.  I thought that this idea would be great for a low calorie dessert after dinner.  The next part of the show demonstrates how to cook a grilled vegetable quinoa salad.  The reason they chose to make an episode demonstrating how to cook a grilled quinoa salad is because a lady sent a video in asking how to cook with it because it is so healthy for you.  For example, I learned from this episode that quinoa has the 9 amino acids that your body cannot make on its own.  They also go on to talk about the correct way to prepare the quinoa, which is good for someone who has never had to cook quinoa in anything before.  Another thing that I love about this show is how the whole cast jokes around with each other to really make the show entertaining, especially, because most cooking shows are so dry that no one ends up wanting to watch them!  I would rate this show a 10/10, which is why I picked it for you.  I definitely feel that an audience of 18+ would get the most out of this show, which is where my 10/10 rating comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment