Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Moderation Is Key

Eating healthy is good and all, but it is important that you eat your meals in moderation.  I have struggled with moderation, especially when there happens to be a big meal in front of me.  Even if I am full I always think that I need to finish the whole plate even though I am not hungry anymore.  That is why smaller portions are the solution.  If you are cooking something for yourself and don't plan on eating it later, cut the recepie in half.  This way you won't be tempted to finish the whole meal, when it turned out to be more than you thought.  Another way to add moderation to your lifestyle is to snack.  Now, I am not saying sit on the couch and eat chips after your day is over, but an apple with peanut butter, or a 100 calorie snack bar will be just fine.  Doing this will make you want to eat less when it is time for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  This is why I believe snacking is good if you do it the right way.  Healthy snacks between meals can help prevent overeating and will definitely be helpful in brining you closer to your goal of being healthy!  Not only will this help you make smaller portions, but it will also help you eat slower because you won't be starving by the time you cook your meal.  Eating slower will allow you to know you are full before it's too late, which can also help you be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment